Types of Anti-DDoS solutions. Cloud solutions
Cloud solutions implement almost the same protection functionality as the on-premises ones. In addition to protection from packet attacks, anti-DDoS cloud service providers often offer services to protect websites from HTTP/HTTPS bot attacks, technical support and help during DDoS attacks.
THE ADVANTAGES OF (QUALITY) CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Low cost - monthly subscription fee. There is usually no initial payment and no extra costs for hardware and software
- No need to hire and educate additional staff
- High filtration capacity
- Quick setup (from a few minutes)
- Supplier’s expertise in mitigating attacks
- PoC (usually)
- Protection of websites and web applications (at the 7th layer of the OSI model)
LIMITATIONS AND DRAWBACKS
- Increased latency (traffic goes first to the filtering center, then to the client)
- Passing confidential and personal data through the cloud
Cloud Solutions are optimal for SMBs.
Next time, we will talk about the last type of solutions - hybrid.